Understanding the basics of foreign credential evaluation is a necessity for anyone who works with international students. You can better assist international students when you have a fundamental knowledge of their country’s educational credentials. These skills are a key part of the admission process of new students, but are also extremely helpful in general academic and immigration advising.
- Describe fundamental credential analysis process and procedures
- Apply basic methodology and benchmarking to credentials
- Recognize and identify status/legitimacy of an institution
- Identify essential resources for effectively evaluating international credentials
- Introduction and overview
- Credential verification
- Credential authenticity and validity
- Utilizing professional resources
- Credential equivalency
- Calculating credits, grades, and Grade Point Average
What Participants Are Saying
- Having persons from different universities/colleges share their personal experiences that help others in similar situations. The trainer's ability to give information from a "real world" perspective on what companies that evaluate transcripts do was very useful. -2016 NAFSA Annual Conference participant
- Overall, it was very nice to learn that this process is not an exact science, but an art, as the speakers said. -2017 NAFSA Annual Conference participant
- I'm very new in the field and this opened my eyes to many new terms, forms and procedures. -2015 NAFSA Regional Conference participant
Designed for those having three or fewer years of experience in the field of foreign academic credential evaluation.