Understanding the complexities of immigration regulations and their impact on international students is an important component of the services that secondary schools provide.
- Is your program in compliance?
- Who oversees SEVIS compliance at your school?
- Which records should you keep and for how long?
This NAFSA e-Learning Express course will provide you with basic regulatory information and give participants a general overview of SEVIS compliance at the secondary school level.
In addition, this course will outline model practices in the field and help participants form an action items list for their schools to ensure compliance is being met.
Elements addressed within this presentation include:
- Relevant sections of law and policy;
- Critical issues of school compliance; and
- Mandatory responsibilities of a PDSO/DSO.
Build Your Competencies
NAFSA International Education Professional Competencies 2.0 outline the abilities, skills, and foundational knowledge necessary for successful international educators. Learn more about NAFSA Competencies 2.0.
This learning content targets the competency categories of Compliance Management and Recruitment, Enrollment, and Advising.