International Educator (IE) is the flagship bimonthly magazine of NAFSA: Association of International Educators. IE maintains the highest standards of intellectual quality, editorial excellence, and design to service its readers who are working worldwide to advance international education and exchange.
All links are to PDFs.
Lending a Helping HandNicole Branan
Education abroad programs aren’t just about expanding the minds of today’s college students and teaching the values of global citizenship. These days, it’s also about giving back to the communities where they study.
Bridging the DivideDana Wilkie
In South Africa, much has changed in terms of equal access to higher education for all students regardless of race since apartheid ended in 1994. Despite the past conflict over race relations, progress has been made and a brighter future is on the horizon.
Elon University Charts a New CourseChristopher Connell
In the past 15 years, Elon University has transformed itself from regional college into a comprehensive university and has garnerd a reputation as an institution where students become deeply engaged in community service.
From the Editors
Past as Prologue
Teaching Worldliness to a New Generation
Sanford J. Ungar
Past as Prologue
NAFSA: The First 10 Years
Voices: Diplomat and Educator Edward Perkins
The Art of Winning Without Fighting
Abroad After Graduation, English Style
View from Out Here
Beyond 'That Travel Thing'
Singapore’s Push for Foreign Students
- New Data Show Gains in International Students Coming to United States, U.S. Students Heading Overseas to Study
- Report Highlights Innovators in Campus Internationalization
- Canadian Schools Ramp Up Internationalization
- NAFSA President: It’s Time to Open the Door More Widely
- State Department’s Hughes Bids Washington, DC, Farewell
- NAFSA Member Leaders Take Office
- Book Review of What’s Up America? By Diane Astimbay