|Event Date||Event Time||Registration Deadline||Registration|
|November 21, 2019||5:00 pm - 6:15 pm||TBD||Registration Closed|
The 2019 Senator Paul Simon Award Presidential Panel webcast took place on November 21, 2019 from 4:00 to 5:15 p.m. EST in Washington, D.C. The event featured a panel of presidents from 2019 Simon Award-winning colleges and universities discussing their successes and challenges in campus internationalization.
In 2019, five institutions were honored with the NAFSA Senator Paul Simon Award for Comprehensive Internationalization and three institutions were honored with the NAFSA Senator Paul Simon Spotlight Award. Leaders from five of the honored institutions participated in the Presidential Panel.
The Simon Awards celebrate the legacy of the late Senator Paul Simon of Illinois, a life-long advocate for international education and exchange, recognizing universities and programs that promote international understanding and a more just and peaceful world. For 17 years, NAFSA: Association of International Educators has honored outstanding achievement in campus internationalization.
- Esther D. Brimmer, DPhil, Executive Director and Chief Executive Officer, NAFSA
- Katherine S. Conway-Turner, President, SUNY Buffalo State (Spotlight Award)
- Gregory P. Crawford, President, Miami University (Comprehensive Award)
- Margee Ensign, President, Dickinson College (Comprehensive Award)
- E. Gordon Gee, President, West Virginia University (Comprehensive Award)
- Lori Sundberg, President, Kirkwood Community College (Comprehensive Award)
- Ravi Shankar, President and Chair of the Board of Directors, NAFSA
- Martin Simon, Son of the late Senator Paul Simon
NAFSA thanks Northeastern University for sponsoring the 2019 NAFSA Senator Paul Simon Award for Campus Internationalization Presidential Panel Webcast.