Section 452(c) of the Homeland Security Act of 2002 requires the Office of the Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS) Ombudsman to make an annual report to Congress.
Download the CIS Ombudsman 2020 Annual Report to Congress (June 30, 2020)
The 2020 Report includes the following "Key Developments and Areas of Focus"
- The Geometry of the Naturalization Backlog
- Denaturalization: Maintaining the Integrity of the Naturalization Program
- The Challenge of Decreasing USCIS' Affirmative Asylum Backlog
- Spotlight: DHS Immigration Data Integration Initiative
- Foreign Students and the Risks of Optional Practical Training (download NAFSA's extract of this section)
- InfoMod (Year Two): Accomplishments, Lessons Learned, and Current Challenges
Also download USCIS's 2020 Response to the CIS Ombudsman's Annual Report (December 4, 2020).