Iowa has more than 150 NAFSA members hard at work at high schools, colleges and universities, and other institutions.
For more information about international education in Iowa, please visit the StudyIowa website.
The 4th Annual Iowa International Education Conference
Date: Friday, April 22, 2016
Location: Kirkwood Community College, Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Time: 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
The cost of the conference is $20 for professionals and free for students.
Please join us for the 4th Annual Iowa NAFSA International Education Conference. This will be a one day event from 9:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m. This conference will be similar to a regional NAFSA conference in that we will have people representing all facets of international education in attendance including admissions/enrollment management, study abroad, international student services, and teaching/learning. This conference will be unique in that it will be specifically for Iowa, and representatives from any school (NAFSA members or non-NAFSA members) are welcome. We are hoping this event will not only bring in large schools, but also smaller Iowa colleges and universities, as well as community college representatives.
Conference Program and Sessions:
The conference program and full session descriptions are available on Guidebook. Download on your:
Desktop Web Browser
The conference program with abbreviated conference descriptions is available via PDF:
- 8:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.: Registration
- 9:00 a.m. - 9:30 a.m.: Welcome
- 9:40 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.: Concurrent Sessions I
- 10:40 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.: Concurrent Sessions II
- 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.: Lunch
- 12:40 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.: Concurrent Sessions III
- 1:40 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.: Concurrent Sessions IV
- 2:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.: Afternoon Break/Conference Assessment
- 3:00 p.m. - 3:50 p.m.: Concurrent Sessions V, Hot Topics
- 4:00 p.m.: Balloon release to honor life of Freddy Miranda
Directions and Parking:
Please enter Kirkwood Community College through the South Entrance. Park outside of Iowa Hall. The conference is on the 3rd Floor of Iowa Hall, Building #21 on the Campus Map.