This year has been unlike any our profession has ever faced. The coronavirus pandemic and resulting economic downturn has unleashed challenges we could not have foreseen.
Despite these challenges, we moved ahead and forged stronger ties, even as we remain physically apart. Our community is resilient and hopeful.
After all, NAFSA, at its heart, is a community. We embrace our connection to international education, and we stand together in the face of today’s challenges.
Your support will help sustain all that is creative, innovative, and significant at NAFSA. We hope you will consider a donation to the annual fund at this time.
In times of crisis, we work to strengthen our community. For example, NAFSA has brought the following to international educators in recent months:
- NAFSA’s Toolkit for Managing in the Times of Global Uncertainty addressed leadership, strategic planning, human resources, and communication in these extraordinary times.
- eConnection brought international educators together last spring, despite the cancellation of the in-person annual conference, and connected attendees to resources and peers.
- Listening Circles, an all-volunteer program, provided advice for professionals trying to navigate their careers amid the pandemic.
- PATH provided a system for international educators to track their growth, achievements, and professional development through all stages of their career.
- IEW Campus Connection brought insight and context to the election outcome and highlighted NAFSA’s work on social justice and research. This important programming helps to enrich the field’s understanding of these complex times.
- Dozens of timely resources—Town Halls, webinars, Collegial Conversations, podcasts, and Open Meetings—kept international educators on top of the changing environment affecting student mobility, national policies, and other issues of importance to our field.
We also continued to build new learning opportunities and resources for the field by launching research that examines employability and education abroad, connecting international educators to legislation and policy issues affecting international education and exchange, and looking at the significance of international student flows and their economic impact. We focused attention on growing a community of support and respect for social justice, diversity and inclusion, and positive change.
A donation to the annual fund now will help us continue to meet the needs of our international education community.
Your contributions ensure that we are here for our community now and in the future.
Thank you and be safe.
Esther D. Brimmer, DPhil
Executive Director & CEO
NAFSA: Association of International Educators
View Our Fundraising Disclosure
- Fundraising Disclosure
- NAFSA's Board of Directors
- NAFSA Financial Statements including IRS Form 990
Please contact Gail Hochhauser, Senior Director for Organizational Advancement if you would like to donate anonymously or, if:
- Your company or organization will match your gift
- You want to discuss making a pledge to support NAFSA through planned giving