2021 Annual Conference Committee (ACC)
The Executive Team provides vision and oversight and ensures the conference is aligned with NAFSA’s Strategic Plan. They set content and networking priorities for the conference (including both concurrent sessions and poster events). They lead the content planning meeting to review the program submitted by the Conference Content Team and, with their help, engineer or re-engineer sessions, seminars, and workshops to meet content goals. In addition, they evaluate data from the previous years’ conference to inform their goals for the upcoming conference.
- Conference Chair: Sherif Barsoum, New York University
- Content Chair: Jenny Bowen, Indiana University Bloomington
- Workshop Coordinator: Sandra Janusch, University of Washington
- Poster Chair: Tonya Veltrop, University of Missouri
- Chair-Designate, 2022 Annual Conference Committee: Sam Brown, Brigham Young University
- Vice President for Scholarship and Institutional Strategy: Ahmad Ezzeddine, Wayne State University
- President of the Board of Directors: Jeff Riedinger, University of Washington
The Content Team develops a content plan for the conference and helps shape the Call for Proposals. They solicit and review proposals for sessions (including both concurrent sessions and poster events) and workshops that fit the conference theme and advance knowledge and skill-building for the field of international education and exchange. Each team member develops a ranked set of session and workshop proposals for their respective audience group to contribute to the creation of a coherent, comprehensive, and cutting-edge program. Posters are reviewed and organized under the direction of the Poster Chair.
- Education Abroad Knowledge Community Representative: Karen McBride, Bound International
- International Education Leadership Knowledge Community Representative: Rick Lee, Rutgers University
- International Enrollment Management Knowledge Community Representative: Dana Brolley, University of Idaho
- International Student and Scholar Services Knowledge Community Representative: Jenifer Ruby, Rollins College
- Teaching, Learning, and Scholarship Knowledge Community Representative: Bryan McAllister-Grande, Northeastern University