Submit a Session or Workshop Proposal for NAFSA 2021
Each year, the NAFSA Annual Conference hosts over 200 sessions and 40 preconference workshops. By presenting at a NAFSA Annual Conference & Expo, you’ll have the opportunity to build your professional network and share your experience and ideas with others.
NAFSA’s attendees represent a wide breadth international education field:
- approximately 10,000 attendees from across disciplines
- a wide array of professional experience, with 69% having more than 5 years in the field
- 40% international, from over 100 countries
In addition to selecting one of the NAFSA Knowledge Communities, session and workshops should align with one of the 13 Content Focus Areas.
Session Length and Room Set Up
In your session proposals please select an intended session length of either 25 or 60 minutes, and one of three types of room arrangements. Presenters should take care to choose a session length and room arrangement appropriate for their proposal.
- 60-minute sessions are the average length of our sessions and most sessions will be accepted in this format. Up to 4 presenters, including the Chair, are allowed in this type of session.
- 25-minute sessions are short-form sessions are a unique opportunity to propose a topic that will take less than the usual hour. The ACC encourages quick updates to be given in this format. Please note, proposals can only have up to 2 presenters, including the Chair, on this type of session.
Evaluation Rubric and Review Process
More than 400 peer reviewers broken down into teams by target audience areas will review the proposals, with the final selections being made by the Annual Conference Committee (ACC).
Each proposal will be rated on a scale of 1-5 for:
- How well do the title, abstract, and learning objectives align with each other?
- How likely is it that the format and delivery methods selected will allow participants to achieve the stated learning objectives, including audience engagement appropriate to the objectives?
- Are the presenter(s) knowledgeable in the topic area?
- Given the limited number of slots available for sessions and the high volume of proposals received, how likely would you be to attend or recommend someone attend this session if placed on the program?
Each proposal submission must also maintain compliance with the NAFSA submission policies listed on the proposal form.
Use these PDF templates to plan your proposal. Please note that we only accept proposals that are submitted through our online portal. If you have issues with the templates, please contact the Conference Program team.