The Region VI 2020 Conference will be held November 10-12 at the Hilton Lexington Downtown in Lexington, Kentucky.
November 10 - 12, 2020
Hilton Lexington Downtown
369 W Vine St, Lexington, KY 40507
Join us in Lexington!
2020 Registration details coming soon.
This year's Conference Schedule will be available in the months leading up to the Regional Conference. In the meantime, please feel free to review last year's content below.
- Visit last year's online planner for the most up-to-date schedule information
- Download last year's conference schedule-at-glance!
- Download last year's brief conference program
The NAFSA Region VI 2020 conference will be held at the beautiful Hilton Lexington Downtown, KY November 10-12, 2020.
Reservation details are forthcoming! Please check back soon!
If you are interested in volunteering at the conference, we would love to have you! Our Local Arrangements Chair, Jon Hibbard will be in contact closer to the conference date to get you involved.
The Region VI conference grants are being worked out by our Leadership Team. The region offers a variety of opportunities to support the diverse professional needs of our region. We can't wait to share these details with you!
Come Partner with Us!
Connect with more than 300 international education professionals across Ohio, Indiana and Kentucky. In 2017, over 50% of our region’s members attended our regional conference – making the event a key opportunity to connect with current and potential local professionals!
In addition to the chance to meet with our wonderful members, Region VI offers the following highlights:
- Almost three hours of designated expo hall time where to strive to drive attendees to the exhibit hall.
- Numerous ways to sponsor the conference – including flexibility to ‘build a sponsorship package’
- Almost half of our attendees are mid- to upper-level professionals – giving you access to institutional decision makers!
Sound great to you? Partner with us! Details are forthcoming!
You can have the opportunity to exhibit, sponsor, and advertise all by contacting our Region VI Leadership.
2020 Pre-Conference Workshops
Region VI offers many informative and helpful pre-conference workshops. Details for this year's pre-conference workshops are being worked out by our Leadership Team. In the meantime, feel free to review last year's offerings below.
October 27, 2020 | 8:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.
Members: $300, Nonmembers: $425
October 27, 2020 | 1:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m.
Members: $225, Nonmembers: $350
- F-1 Student Advising: Advanced
In this workshop, participants apply their knowledge of the federal regulations and collaborate with colleagues on a series of complex case studies. Experiment with structured processes of connecting the facts to the regulations and then presenting decisions to a panel of stakeholders. Active participation is required.
Region VI Awards
Nominate a colleague for one Region VI’s professional achievement awards. Region VI is committed to identifying outstanding professionals in international education. Help us recognize outstanding professionals by nominating someone for one of the following awards today.
- Leo Dowling Award of Excellence
- The George Hertrich Advocacy Award
- Dorothy Brickman Award for Outstanding New Professional
- NAFSA Rising Star Young Leaders Award
- Region VI Champion of Diversity and Inclusion in International Education
Announcing a new award in Region VI: Diversity and Inclusion Award! More details to be announced.
Future Conference Sites
- 2021: November 6-10, Cincinnati, OH