Region II Knowledge Community Representative
International Education Leadership (IEL), International Enrollment Management (IEM), International Student & Scholar Services (KISSS), Education Abroad (EA), Teaching, Learning, and Scholarship (TLS)
Two years. Term begins in January, but representative will attend the Fall Conference Team Meeting just prior to assuming duties.
Member of NAFSA; Experience in the respective field; Experience in presenting and/or organizing conference sessions and workshops; Strong collegial relationships in the field; Strong knowledge of issues in the field; commitment to serve and to attend regional and national conferences; confirmed institutional support for participation on Region II Team.
For IEL KC Rep.:At least 10 years of experience in international education, with at least 5 years in a leadership role. Preference for individuals who manage a full unit or office.
- Determine interests and needs of Knowledge Community members with respect to national and regional trends and issues;
- Encourage and solicit Region II conference sessions pertaining to the field;
- Assist Region II Chair with Region II conference programming;
- Represent the regional Knowledge Community concerns to the Region II Chair and to the national Knowledge Community team and be a conduit for information from the national team to Region II Knowledge Community members;
- Ensure Knowledge Community members in Region II have access to national/regional resources in the respective field, and contribute when possible to these resources;
- Identify potential contributors in the field and promote their participation as presenters or potential Region II team members;
- Prepare and present at the Region II Team Meeting at the Fall Conference a written report of the regional Knowledge Community activities and issues;
- Work with State Representatives to promote participation in workshops, conferences, and other training opportunities at the national, regional and sub-regional levels;
- Attend Knowledge Community meetings at annual national conference;
- Help identify outstanding presentations in the field for inclusion in the national conference.
- Provide articles to national and regional publications or web-based forums that stimulate thought, increase awareness, or inform the membership;
- Participate fully as a leader in NAFSA by attending the Region II Fall Conference and attending the Team Meeting, governance meetings and other sessions identified by the Chair as important; by attending the national conference and attending Region II Team meetings, Knowledge Community meetings, and the governance meetings and other sessions pertaining to important association business.
Responsibilities Specific to Knowledge Community
EA: Constantly consider new ways to increase the EA participation at regional conferences.
IEL: At each regional conference, organize at least one unique option for IEL KC members (workshop, small colloquium, etc.)
IEM: Stay abreast of issues and trends and resources identified by AACRAO.
TLS: Stay abreast of issues and trends and resources identified by TSL.
KISSS: Work closely with Region II Regulatory Ombuds in conference planning and addressing issues pertaining to good practice and regulatory changes.