Welcome to the Texas NAFSA Page
2020 NAFSA Texas State Conference
Thursday, February 27 - Friday, February 28
Texas A&M University
Online registration is open now through February 20. All workshops and sessions will take place at Texas A&M University’s Memorial Student Center, 275 Joe Routt Blvd, College Station, TX 77843.
Thursday, February 27
NAFSA Core Education Program Workshops
Workshops are $250 for NAFSA members and nonmembers. All workshops are full-day, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Tentative CEP Workshop Offerings
- Education Abroad: Critical Skills for the Adviser
- F-1 Student Advising for Beginners
- F-1 Student Advising: Intermediate
- J-1 Advising for Beginners
All workshop participants must register online. Space is limited for the workshops, and on-site registration cannot be guaranteed. Registration fee includes continental breakfast, lunch, two coffee breaks, and workshop booklet. Please note that each workshop will need at least six participants to make.
We will have a State Meeting Networking Reception/Happy Hour at the Calvary Court Hotel starting at 5:30 p.m. Thursday, February 27. We will provide appetizers for attendees. We hope you can make it!
Friday, February 28
NAFSA Texas State Meeting & Concurrent Sessions
Online registration is $95 for NAFSA members and non-members. On-site registration is $120, payable by check at the conference. Friday’s events will take place from approximately 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- International Student and Scholar Services
- Beyond the Visa: Educating International Student on U.S. Academic Integrity Standards
- Cool, Calm, & Compliant - Staying Sane in the Insane World of Immigration Regulations
- Customs and Border Protection Updates
- The Nonresident Tax Survival Guide for 2019 Filing Season
- Stranger Things: Upside-Down Scenarios from the DSO World
- Student and Exchange Visitor Program Updates
- Travel Advising for International Students and Scholars
- Education Abroad
- Campus Collaboration in Marketing to Underrepresented Students
- Campus Collaboration: Disability Inclusion in Education Abroad
- The Other Side: Working in Education Abroad as a First-Generation Student
- Preparing Students for Faculty-Led Programs: Pre-departure and Orientation
- Sustaining and Promoting Passport Services in Education Abroad Offices
- International Enrollment Management
- How Translation May Impact Credential Evaluation
- Researching Credentials in the Internet Age
- Competitive Collaboration: Working Together to Recruit as a Consortium
- How Do I Make That Student Understand What I Need?! Vocabulary for International Admissions
- Multiple Knowledge Communities/Areas of Interest
- Campus Resources through a Cross-Cultural Lens
- Customer Service to Instill Trust - Beautifying your Front Porch
- Marketing to Gen Z... and More Importantly, Their Parents
Cavalry Court Hotel, 200 Century Court, College Station, TX 77840
We have secured a special group rate of $101 per night plus taxes and fees at the Cavalry Court Hotel, located next to TAMU’s campus. The group rate applies on Wednesday, February 26 through Saturday, February 29. You can reserve a room at the special group rate until February 12, 2020. Reserve your room today! There is complimentary parking available at the hotel.
Begin by visiting the hotel's website. From this page, block "book now" in the top right-hand corner of the page. Select the group's arrival and departure date and change the "promo code" drop down box to "group/block." The group code is: NAFSA20161. Once the code and dates have been entered, all of the rooms available within the block should show up. You can also call reservations at 1-866-842-0100 and reference the group code or name to book your room.
On-campus parking is available in the University Center and Cain parking garages at a rate of $15 per day. Both garages are a short walk from the Memorial Student Center (MSC) where the conference will take place.
We will update this page when online registration opens in January. Please feel free to reach out to your NAFSA Texas State Liaisons, Katy Lane and Courtney Bauman, with any questions. We look forward to seeing you at the Texas State Conference in February!