When a student wishes to cancel an OPT application that has already been sent to the CSC, the student must write a letter stating they would like to withdraw the application. The letter requesting the withdrawal must include their name, WAC#, and signature. The signature is very important.

The withdrawal request can be sent by mail to:
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
24000 Avila Road, Second Floor
Laguna Niguel, CA 92677
Attention: Ana Rili
Open by addressee only
OR it can be faxed to 949 389-8070 Attention: Ana Rili, then send a back up email to the email: CSC.Studentead[at]dhs.gov

A withdrawal is not possible, if the case has already been approved.