Meet Anirban Sen Gupta. Originally from India and a former international student at the University of Akron, he’s now a professor of biomedical engineering at Case Western University. He holds three patents, conducts groundbreaking biomedical research, and teaches his students how to forge their own careers.
- Earned a Master of Science degree and a Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering from the University of Akron
- Currently, an Associate Professor of Biomedical Engineering at Case Western Reserve University
- Directs the Sen Gupta “BEAT” (Bio-inspired Engineering for Advanced Therapies) Lab, providing students and scholars at all levels hands-on experience in biomedical research
- Holds three patents and is a recipient of multiple grants for research on synthetic blood platelet technology to stabilize patients with severe bleeding and to deliver clot-busting drugs more precisely for heart attack and stroke patients
- Contributes to improving biomedical education as a leading member of the Society for Biomaterials
- Award-winning teacher and mentor at Case Western Reserve University
The University of Akron