Meet Daven Ghandi. Originally from Malaysia, he received a BS in Political Science from the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire (UW-EC) and a law degree from Thomas Jefferson School of Law. He was the first international student to be chosen as a commencement speaker at UW-EC.
- Earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Political Science from the University of Wisconsin–Eau Claire (UW-EC) and a Juris Doctor degree with an emphasis in Criminal Defense and Immigration Law from Thomas Jefferson School of Law (TJ Law)
- Currently an immigration and human rights attorney in New York City, where he specializes in employment, family and humanitarian visas and defends immigrants in detention centers
- First international student to be chosen as a commencement speaker at UW-EC
- Coordinated events at UW-EC to raise awareness of issues of diversity; including Middle Eastern and Islamic culture
- Educates individuals on how to navigate often perplexing immigrations laws and offers international students free consultations
- Was inspired to study law in the United States to combat systemic oppression of minorities based on his experiences growing up in Malaysia
University of Wisconsin–Eau Claire