Meet Luis Fernando Monterrosa. As a BS candidate in Biomedical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering, he hopes to promote higher education and STEM degrees in the community of Fort Collins, Colorado.
- Studying to earn Bachelor of Science degrees in Biomedical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering at Colorado State University (CSU)
- President of CSU Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers; held leadership positions in the Chemistry Club and Biomedical Engineering Society
- Promotes the importance of higher education and STEM degrees to the Hispanic community in Fort Collins, Colorado, through the annual Noche de Ciencias (Science Night)
- Helped organize Math, Science & Technology Day at CSU, where students from mainly Hispanic populated elementary schools spend a day on campus learning about science
- Hopes to work in medical device and prosthetics industry, to one day extend these resources to the people of El Salvador
Colorado State University