Meet Mircea Handru. He’s an award-winning soccer player and coach. After earning two degrees from Tiffin University, he made it his mission to improve mental health services in Ohio and established a 24/7 crisis hotline. Now, he’s the executive director of an organization that finds help for those with mental health needs.
- Earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Business Administration and a Master of Business Administration degree from Tiffin University
- Currently, the Executive Director of the Mental Health and Recovery Services Board of Seneca, Sandusky, and Wyandot Counties in Ohio
- Directed youth programs, coached Tiffin University men’s soccer team, and earned allconference and regional awards as both a player and coach
- Established a 24/7 Crisis Text Line across Northwest Ohio, mental health counseling in local schools, and enhanced collaboration with local law enforcement and first responders
- Elected Chairperson of Seneca County Opiate Task Force, a statewide team combating the drug epidemic across Ohio