On June 29, 2012, SEVP posted a set of draft Frequently Asked Questions in response to the many inquiries it received from the academic community following SEVP's April, 2012 notice regarding compliance with the intensive English language program (IEP) Accreditation Act. SEVP accepted public comments on the FAQs until July 20, 2012. On October 3, 2012, SEVP released the final version of the FAQs.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on https://www.ice.gov/sevis/accreditation-act
- What is the background of the Accreditation of English Language Training Programs Act and when was it passed?
- What is the difference between a "stand-alone" and "combined" school?
- How will SEVP notify my school's PDSO or DSOs of any required evidence to determine if its English language training program of study is compliant...
- What evidence must I submit if my school offers only English language training programs of study?
- What evidence must I submit if my school offers an English language training program of study that is wholly owned, operated & governed by the school?
- What evidence must I submit if my college or university contracts the English language training program out to an independent English language...
- What if my institutionally accredited school added an English language training program of study after receiving its initial accreditation?
- What if my institution applied for accreditation by Dec. 14, 2011 but was denied accreditation or failed to meet the eligibility requirements...
- Is there a grace period for schools that did not meet the eligibility requirements and/or failed to apply for accreditation by Dec. 14, 2011?
- What if officials at my English language training program of study failed to apply for accreditation by the Dec. 14, 2011 deadline?
- I received an out-of-cycle review from SEVP, but my school does not offer an English language training program of study. How should I respond...
- Does the law apply to private secondary (K-12) schools?
- Who can I contact if I have specific questions concerning my school's English language training program?