The NAFSA Trainer Corps is made up of approximately 400 member volunteers who develop, deliver, and maintain the NAFSA Core Education Program (CEP) curriculum and materials. Trainer Corps members deliver the NAFSA CEP Workshops both in-person and virtually at various events, programs, meetings, and conferences throughout the year, facilitate learning through e-Learning Courses, and provide critical learning opportunities to the field of international education.
Why Get involved in Trainer Corps?
- Gain valuable training skills
- Share core job knowledge
- Keep abreast of changes in the field
- Network with other international educators
Who is Eligible to Apply for NAFSA's Trainer Corps?
- Practitioners and professionals who have worked within the broad field of international education for a minimum of 5 years*
- International educators who have content knowledge, experience, and expertise in one or more of the NAFSA Core Education Program Workshops
- Volunteers with the commitment to teaching and training other IE professionals
What Are the Expectations of Being a NAFSA Trainer Corps Member?
- Promote and professionally represent NAFSA, the NAFSA Core Education Program, and NAFSA's Trainer Corps
- Actively participate in the Trainer Corps Induction Program the year you are accepted to Trainer Corps
- Commit to a 3-year (renewable) Trainer Corps term of volunteer service and within those 3 years, commit to a minimum of one CEP Workshop training and/or one of the many involvement opportunities within Trainer Corps
When Can I Apply to Join NAFSA's Trainer Corps?
Trainer Corps new member applications will open spring of 2024. Please contact Learning and Training with any questions.
"It was my love of training and connecting to people over shared learning goals that led me to apply to be part of NAFSA's Trainer Corps."
-Sharece M. Bunn, University of Wisconsin-Madison