NAFSA is not recruiting Trainer Corps members for 2022. Check back in late 2022 for updates and more information on recruiting for the following year. Please contact Learning & Training with any questions.
The NAFSA Trainer Corps is made up of approximately 400 member volunteers who develop, deliver, and maintain the NAFSA Core Education Program (CEP) curriculum and materials. Trainer Corps members deliver the NAFSA CEP Workshops at various events, programs, meetings, and conferences throughout the year, including NAFSA's Annual Conference, Regional Conferences, and On-Site Workshop offerings all over the country.
Why Get involved in Trainer Corps?
- Gain valuable training skills
- Share core job knowledge
- Keep abreast of changes in the field
- Network with other international educators
Who is Eligible to Apply for NAFSA's Trainer Corps?
- Practitioners and professionals who have worked within the broad field of international education for a minimum of 5 years*
- International educators who have content knowledge, experience, and expertise in one or more of the NAFSA Core Education Program Workshops
- Volunteers with the commitment to teaching and training other IE professionals
What Are the Expectations of Being a NAFSA Trainer Corps Member?
- Promote and professionally represent NAFSA, the NAFSA Core Education Program, and NAFSA's Trainer Corps
- Actively participate in the Trainer Corps Induction Program the year you are accepted to Trainer Corps, which includes attending an in-person workshop that takes place during the preconference programming at the NAFSA Annual Conference
- Commit to a 3-year (renewable) Trainer Corps term of volunteer service and within those 3 years, commit to a minimum of one CEP Workshop training
When Can I Apply to Join NAFSA's Trainer Corps?
- NAFSA is not recruiting Trainer Corps members for 2022. Check back in late 2022 for updates and more information on recruiting for the following year. Please contact Learning & Training with any questions.
- Applications are open from September-early January
- Decisions are made by a team of reviewers comprised of current Trainer Corps members and NAFSA regional and KC volunteer member leaders
- All applicants are notified in mid-February (Please note this is not a rolling admission process)
"It was my love of training and connecting to people over shared learning goals that led me to apply to be part of NAFSA's Trainer Corps."
-Sharece M. Bunn, University of Wisconsin-Madison