In a world where international education (IE) leadership, practitioners, and faculty need to pivot from classroom learning and in-person events to online learning and program delivery in virtual environments, we need access to tools and methodologies that are critical to program success.
In this NAFSA e-Learning Seminar, we will explore:
- How to effectively deliver engaging content online;
- How to employ learning reinforcement methodologies to ensure transfer of knowledge, continuous engagement, and behavior change; and
- How an IE professional can apply model practices to program design and delivery in virtual spaces.
Presenters will focus on the main challenges faced when moving existing content to a virtual environment. This highly interactive session will offer concrete examples of practices that will increase participant engagement during and beyond the live event.
After attending this NAFSA e-Learning Seminar, participants will be prepared to:
- Create effective and engaging programming for their participants in virtual environments.
- Leverage learning reinforcement methodologies to engage current and potential future program participants while a program may be on hiatus.
- Apply model practices to IE online program and event delivery as well as to the creation and maintenance of virtual communities.
The content of this seminar will be relevant to international educators in education abroad, international education leadership, international enrollment management, international student and scholar services, and teaching, learning, and scholarship.
NYU Tandon (Vice Dean Emeritus)
University of Illinois
The Reinforcement Academy
With Subject Matter Experts
Director of Education Abroad/Harlaxton College Programs, University of Evansville
Chair-elect of the Teaching, Learning, and Scholarship Knowledge Community (TLS KC), NAFSA
Associate Director of International Student Success, Syracuse University
Co-leader, resources and networking, for the International Education Leadership Knowledge Community (IEL KC), NAFSA
Ready to start learning?
Build Your Competencies
NAFSA International Education Professional Competencies 2.0 outline the abilities, skills, and foundational knowledge necessary for successful international educators. Learn more about NAFSA Competencies 2.0.
This learning content targets the competency category of Teaching, Learning and Facilitation.