International Educator (IE) is the flagship bimonthly magazine of NAFSA: Association of International Educators. IE maintains the highest standards of intellectual quality, editorial excellence, and design to service its readers who are working worldwide to advance international education and exchange.
All links are to PDFs.
A Laboratory of Conflict and Peace
As the citizens of Northern Ireland slowly build on the peace brought about in the late 1990s, educators and researchers are developing new tools for exploring conflict resolution and applying theory directly to problems on the ground.
No Cookie-Cutter Solutions
Instituting an immigration policy on U.S. college and university campuses is more important than ever; knowing how to deal with immigration issues as they arise and knowing when to seek the advice of immigration attorneys beyond campus walls is now part of every international student adviser's job.
Creating Leaders for Tomorrow
At a reborn Arcadia University, freshmen get to preview the world.
From the Editors
Breaking a Cycle of Violence
Squandering the U.S. 'Soft Power' Edge
Joseph S. Nye
- Study Abroad Among U.S. Students Continues to Rise
- Steady Number of Foreign Students in United States
- International Education Makes Significant Contribution in the United States
- Research Paper Warns of Shrinking U.S. Share of Foreign Student Market
- President Bush Boosts Funding for National Program
- NAFSA Member Leaders Take Office
- Researchers Seek to Define Internationalization in Higher Education
A 2020 Vision for Higher Education in Vietnam
Martin Hayden and Lam Quang Thiep
Orienting and Coaching Parents
Foreign Student Affairs
Portability: Freedom of Movement for Foreign National Employees
H. Ronald Klasko
View from Out Here
One Educator’s View of School Segregation in Tanzania