International Educator (IE) is the flagship bimonthly magazine of NAFSA: Association of International Educators. IE maintains the highest standards of intellectual quality, editorial excellence, and design to service its readers who are working worldwide to advance international education and exchange.
All links are to PDFs.
Security Walls and Suicide Bombers
In a hotbed of political and religious conflict, Israeli and Palestinian educators break down barriers and collaborate with the younger generation with hope for a peaceful future.
Balancing Act: Quality and Cost in Education Abroad
With soaring demand for more overseas opportunities, education abroad professionals providing quality academic experiences while managing budgets.
Web Extra! Envisaging Peace between Israel and Palestine
IE interviews Ronit Avni, founder of Just Vision, an organization that increases awareness of peace-building efforts about Palestinian and Israeli non-violent, civilian-led efforts to build a base of peace for the Middle East, and producer of Encounter Point, a documentary film about these efforts.
Special Section: Publications for International Education
From the Editors
Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison
- NAFSA’s Web Site Excels in National Competition
- Human Resource Professionals Warn of Foreign Student Shortages
- The Aftermath of Hurricane Katrina
- Foreign Graduate School Applications Up in 2006
- Third Annual International Student Conference on U.S.-European Relations
- Grassroots Advocacy in the Nation’s Capitol and at Home
- Book Review: The Big Guide to Living and Working Overseas (4th edition)
- NAFSA Conference Sets Record
- Iraqi Educators Reconnect via Virtual Library
- Community College Initiative to Support Foreign Students
Joseph L. Brockington
By Kent Farnsworth and Allen Cissell