(IE) is the flagship bimonthly magazine of NAFSA: Association of International Educators. IE maintains the highest standards of intellectual quality, editorial excellence, and design to service its readers who are working worldwide to advance international education and exchange.
All links are to PDFs.
Wanted: Global Workers
International education experiences help prepare global-ready graduates for the twenty-first century workforce.
Retirement is Booming
Baby Boomers are beginning to reach retirement in their record numbers and many are following the example of their recent predecessors by remaining active in international education through second careers or volunteerism.
Education Abroad on the Fast Track
Short-term programs are an ever increasing part of international education. But how do they fit into the overall picture for education abroad?
Worlds Connect in Waterville
At Colby College, philanthropy helps bring the world to Colby’s door.
From the Editors
Victor C. Johnson and Janice Mulholland
- Nations Agree to Preserve Cultural Heritage
- National Security Language Initiative
- Immigration Reform Sparks Letter-Writing
- U.S. Administration Looks to Encourage Foreign Students
- NAFSA Issues Response to Visa Denial Case
- Research Reflects Globalization and Privatization Trends
- New Financial Aid Advising Resources from NAFSA
- Book Notes: Review of The First Resort of Kings
Vija Mendelson and James L. Citron
Foreign Student Affairs
Elaina Loveland with Alan Johnson and Elizabeth Leibach
Darla K. Deardorff and William Hunter
A View from Out Here
David B. Austell