|Event Date||Event Time||Registration Deadline||Registration|
|November 17, 2020||10:00 am - 1:00 pm||Register Today|
This event is included in the IEW Campus Connection program.
Featuring: Michele Norris
An acclaimed journalist, author, and social advocate, Michele Norris fosters important dialogue on current events, social issues, and the power to make change. She will serve as the keynote for this special event.
Higher education institutions and international educators have played a vital role in resolving conflict through education, training, and research. This program brings together educators, scholars, and practitioners who are doing innovative work promoting social justice, confronting inequality, and fostering social responsibility in a global context.
You Should Attend
- If you are currently engaged with social justice initiatives
- If you want to learn more about the intersection of social justice with international education
- If you are interested in using international education to develop social responsibility and enhance social justice initiatives
- If you are interested in ensuring international education initiatives are equitable and socially just
What You Will Gain From Participating
- Knowledge and examples of international education programs and initiatives that develop students’ sense of social responsibility, and that enhance social justice initiatives
- Perspectives on the ways in which international education opportunities can be made more equitable
- Understanding of key ways in which international education and social justice can become mutually reinforcing
NAFSA thanks Education in Ireland for its generous support of this event.