The Membership Engagement Committee represent NAFSA members and serves as a conduit between the leadership of the association and those served by it. Per the NAFSA Standing Rules, Membership Engagement Committee (MEC) members:
- Welcome and engage new members each quarter and provide outreach with constituent groups at the annual conference that are new to NAFSA
- Engage with Knowledge Communities and national committees for coordinated member cultivation activities
- Support the Member Interest Groups (MIGs) at the annual conference by attending meetings, provide talking points on behalf of the MEC, and submit comments to the committee for the annual review report
- Approve the MIGs according to the Guidance for MIG Leaders and Organizers.
- Provide on-going support of MIGs as appropriate throughout the year
- Support NAFSA Career Center activities at the annual conference, and as appropriate, throughout the year
- Support the NAFSA International Education Awards Program, according to guidelines established by the Board. Make recommendations to the Board for specified awards: Life Membership, Award for Distinguished Service in honor of Homer Higbee, and the Rising Star Young Leader
Creighton University Global Engagement Office
Tami Renner is the chair-elect of the Membership Engagement Committee. Renner is the director of international student and scholar services in the Global Engagement Office at Creighton University. She earned her BA in elementary education and her MA in higher, adult, and lifelong education. Before...
Adria Baker, PhD, received the 2011 KC ISSS Award of Excellence. Adria Baker, PhD, Executive Director, Associate Vice Provost for International Education, Office of International Students & Scholars at Rice University, has held a variety of leadership positions in her 25 years of working in...
Governors State University
Kara Johnson is the registrar for Region V and Member at Large of the Membership Engagement Committee.
Sonoma State University
Member at Large of the Membership Engagement Committee. Jason Lau is executive director and senior business officer for the School of Extended and International Education at Sonoma State University and adjunct faculty at Santa Rosa Junior College. Follow him on Twitter @jalau .
University of Houston-Clear Lake
Member at Large of the Membership Engagement Committee Stephanie Holleran is the Senior International Student Advisor at the University of Houston-Clear Lake where she is in charge of immigration advising with a caseload of approximately 1000 students. She was the Region X KC-ISSS representative...