Join us for the 2019 Regional Conference in Indianapolis, IN.
October 27 - 29, 2019
Hyatt Regency Indianapolis
One South Capitol Avenue Indianapolis, IN 46204Register Today
The Region VI 2019 Conference will be held October 27-29 at the Hyatt Regency Indianapolis in Indianapolis, IN.
|Early Bird (July 9-October 4)||Regular (October 5-26)||On-Site|
|* Retired members with current NAFSA memberships|
|** Individuals who were retired NAFSA members, but have let their membership lapse|
- Visit the online planner for the most up-to-date schedule information
- Download this year's conference schedule-at-glance!
- Download the brief conference program
The NAFSA Region VI 2019 conference will be held at the beautiful Hyatt Regency in downtown Indianapolis, IN October 27-29, 2019.
Rooms are available at the conference rate of $159 per night. To guarantee this rate, please reserve by the cutoff date of Friday, October 4, 2019.
Reservations can be made online or by calling (317) 632-1234 and providing the group code NAFS.
If you are interested in volunteering at the conference, we would love to have you! Our Local Arrangements Chair, Devin Flanigan Blankenship will be in contact closer to the conference date to get you involved.
The Region VI conference grants are open. Learn more about what grant opportunity might fit your professional development goals. The region offers a variety of opportunities to support the diverse professional needs of our region. Applications are due August 30. If you already know what grant you’re interested in, you can apply now
Come Partner with Us!
Connect with more than 300 international education professionals across Ohio, Indiana and Kentucky. In 2017, over 50% of our region’s members attended our regional conference – making the event a key opportunity to connect with current and potential local professionals!
In addition to the chance to meet with our wonderful members, Region VI offers the following highlights:
- Almost three hours of designated expo hall time where to strive to drive attendees to the exhibit hall.
- Numerous ways to sponsor the conference – including flexibility to ‘build a sponsorship package’
- Almost half of our attendees are mid- to upper-level professionals – giving you access to institutional decision makers!
Sound great to you? Partner with us! Details are forthcoming!
You can have the opportunity to exhibit, sponsor, and advertise all by contacting our Region VI Development Officer.
2019 Pre-Conference Workshops
|October 27, 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.|
|Members: $300, Nonmembers: $425|
|October 27, 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Members: $225, Nonmembers: $350|
F-1 Student Advising: Advanced
Region VI Awards
Nominate a colleague for one Region VI’s professional achievement awards. Region VI is committed to identifying outstanding professionals in international education. Help us recognize outstanding professionals by nominating someone for one of the following awards today.
- Leo Dowling Award of Excellence
- The George Hertrich Advocacy Award
- Dorothy Brickman Award for Outstanding New Professional
- NAFSA Rising Star Young Leaders Award
- Region VI Champion of Diversity and Inclusion in International Education
Announcing a new award in Region VI: Diversity and Inclusion Award! More details to be announced.
Future Conference Sites
- 2020: November 9-12, Lexington, KY
- 2021: November 6-10, Cincinnati, OH
Stay Connected Globally and Locally
New Members Save $260 on Your First Year
Regional Conference Cancellation Policy
Conference registration and/or workshop registration may be canceled with full refund less a $30 processing fee, provided written notification is received any time up until four (4) weeks prior to the conference start date.