We are excited to invite all those who are committed to the field of international education and exchange to join us for the 2020 NAFSA Region VIII Conference in Roanoke, Virgina, on November 10-13.
November 10 - 13, 2020
The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center
110 Shenandoah Ave NE, Roanoke, VA 24016
We are excited to invite all those who are committed to the field of international education and exchange to join us for the 2020 NAFSA Region VIII Conference in Roanoke, Virginia, on November 10-13.
Each year, attendees gather to learn from professional development opportunities and network with colleagues and leaders who work in their region and collaborate with partners across the world. At this conference in Roanoke, you can expect to:
- Engage in relevant, informative, and timely sessions targeting all areas in the field of international education.
- Network with over 300 conference attendees at a variety of conference offerings, including our exciting special events.
- Learn how to get into the field of international education, as well as what to do once you land that first job.
Stay tuned for the 2020 conference schedule.
The conference schedule and evaluations (sessions and final) will be available through the NAFSA Online Planner and NAFSA Conferences Mobile App.
2020 Pre-Conference Workshops
- F-1 Student Advising for Beginners
- F-1 Student Advising: Intermediate
- J-1 Advising: Intermediate
- Risk Assessment and Crisis Management in Education Abroad Programming
Congratulations to our 2019 Region VIII Conference Travel Grant recipients! Apply for 2020 travel grants now!
- Anyi Ye, International Student Adviser, Cedar Crest College, PA
- Lichun (Lisa) Chang, Graduate Assistant, University of Pennsylvania, PA
- Lauren Devan, Graduate Program Assistant, Penn State- Abington, PA
- John Ettore, Assistant Director of Undergraduate Admission, Neumann University, PA
- Linh Huynh, Graduate Assistant, Towson University, MD
Region VIII is excited to offer a number of sponsorship opportunities for its annual conference! We hope you will consider further supporting our efforts to consistently provide a top quality professional conference while promoting your organization to hundreds of international educators. All sponsors will receive acknowledgment in the conference program and website. Travel grant sponsors will be recognized along with the grant recipients during the regional team's plenary remarks. Sponsors of events and breaks will also receive the following:
- Signage at the event acknowledging your sponsorship.
- Logo and acknowledgment in the event listing in the conference app.
- Option to provide marketing materials or gift to all event attendees.
- Sponsors of the opening reception and plenary brunch will have the opportunity to provide brief, welcoming remarks to all attendees
Those interested in volunteering at the conference are encouraged to email us at [email protected] no later than October 15 to let us know of your interest.
Member Interest Groups (MIGs) and State Groups
Coordinators of Member Interest Groups (MIG's) and State Groups should contact the Region VIII planning team as early as possible if they are interested in securing space for an open meeting at the regional conference. Additionally, if you’d like to be involved with the conference in some way (e.g. ‘All About MIGs’ session, sponsorships, etc.), please let us know. We are happy to collaborate. Requests and questions can be sent to [email protected].
Future Conference Sites
- 2021: Lancaster, Pennsylvania
- 2022: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - Region VI and Region VIII Bi-Regional Conference