The Leadership Development Committee contributes to NAFSA’s strategic objectives by working to ensure effective governance, leadership, communication, and coordination for the Association. Leadership Development Committee members:
- Advise and support staff in the development and maintenance of a database of members with the skills, knowledge, competencies, experience, and commitment to work on behalf of the Association in all areas of the Association’s work.
- Encourage members from underrepresented constituencies (e.g. those based outside the United States, those at community colleges, etc.) to provide their information in the member skills database for consideration for task forces and leadership positions for which they have particular expertise.
- Carry out the member-leader nominations process described in Rule IV of NAFSA’s Standing Rules.
- Educate Knowledge Community and Committee Chairs about available resources to support their search for qualified candidates for appointed positions.
- Create and maintain a leadership orientation program for future leaders, in coordination with the knowledge communities.
Leadership Development Committee Leadership
Katie M. Davidson, MBA, PhD
Southwestern Community College
Elena Anderson-de Lay
At Ease Solutions, LLC
Millersville University of Pennsylvania
Sam Heikinen, PhD
Slippery Rock University
Candace A. Chenoweth, MA
The College of Wooster
University of West Alabama
Alamo Colleges District
Taylor Nicole Kinde
University of Central Missouri
Zinta Konrad, PhD
ZK Consulting Intl.
Adina M. Lav, BA, MA, EdD cand.
The George Washington University
Craig E. Hastings
Ajyal Talent Management
Yimin Wang, PhD
Illinois State University