Day of Action Application Update
NAFSA’s Day of Action application period has closed.
NAFSA remains committed to reaching a broad audience through advocacy all year long. Sign up to receive our Connecting our World email newsletter to ensure you're informed of those opportunities.
Day of Action Program
The all-virtual event includes:
- Orientation -- March 3, 2022, 2:00 p.m. ET - 5:00 p.m. ET
- Briefing on issues and requests of Congress
- Virtual meeting practice sessions
- Advocate of the Year announcement
- Networking mixer
- Day of Action -- March 9, 2022, 9:30 a.m. ET - 4:30 p.m. ET
- Group convening for last-minute updates/questions
- Virtual congressional meetings (exact timing TBD)
- Group debrief and planning for year-round advocacy
Advocate of the Year
Nominations for 2022's Advocate of the Year are now open! The Advocate of the Year Award recognizes a NAFSA member who exhibits excellence in international education advocacy, inspiring others to make a difference by engaging with elected officials and promoting policies that support creating a more welcoming and globally engaged United States. Applications are being accepted until Friday, February 4, 2022 at 5 pm ET. Nominate someone today!
Meet NAFSA's 2021 Advocate of the Year: Deborah Pierce, PhD.