Day of Action 2022
NAFSA’s Day of Action was a great success! Learn more about the event, the messages our advocates carried to their lawmakers, and how you can add your voice throughout the year.
NAFSA remains committed to engaging a broad audience in all levels of advocacy all year long. Sign up to receive our Connecting our World email newsletter to ensure you're informed of those opportunities.
Day of Action Program
The all-virtual event includes:
- Orientation -- March 3, 2022, 2:00 p.m. ET - 5:00 p.m. ET
- Briefing on issues and requests of Congress
- Virtual meeting practice sessions
- Advocate of the Year announcement
- Networking mixer
- Day of Action -- March 9, 2022, 9:30 a.m. ET - 4:30 p.m. ET
- Group convening for last-minute updates/questions
- Virtual congressional meetings (exact timing TBD)
- Group debrief and planning for year-round advocacy
Advocate of the Year
Meet NAFSA's 2022 Advocate of the Year: Alexis M. Akagawa. The Advocate of the Year Award recognizes a NAFSA member who exhibits excellence in international education advocacy, inspiring others to make a difference by engaging with elected officials and promoting policies that support creating a more welcoming and globally engaged United States. Look for more information in winter 2023 announcing the nomination period for the 2023 Advocate of the Year.