NAFSA fully recognizes the benefits of facilitating relationships among higher education institutions worldwide. Our focus on Africa reflects our commitment to encouraging partnership-building among African universities, as well as with their global counterparts.
Global Dialogue Fellowship Program
Launched in 2014, this NAFSA initiative seeks to assist university leaders in several sub-Saharan African countries to help increase their institution’s international education capacity and bring their expertise to university leaders in the United States. Learn more about the Global Dialogue Fellowship Program.
This NAFSA Signature Program engages expert speakers on issues related to strengthening international partnerships and collaboration with Africa, and provides networking opportunities with colleagues from around the continent and the world. Learn more about the Africa Forum.
International Educator (IE) is the flagship bimonthly magazine of NAFSA. IE maintains the highest standards of intellectual quality, editorial excellence, and design to service its readers who are working worldwide to advance international education and exchange. Read IE's special edition on Africa.
NAFSA Guide to Educational Systems Around the World provides information on the methodology of credential evaluation and help in interpreting foreign grades earned after 1999. Each of the updated country guides provides lists of credentials and other data that can be used to help determine placement recommendations and the possibility of transfer credit both for undergraduate and graduate admissions. There are more than 200 guides available online, downloadable by individual country. Browse countries.
NAFSA e-Publications are convenient electronic resources available for today's international educator interested in a variety of topics. Select publications on internationalization include:
- Comprehensive and Strategic Internationalization: Lessons Learned and Future Prospects
- Comprehensive Internationalization: From Concept to Action
- Developing Sustainable Resources for Internationalization
- Global Learning: Defining, Designing, Demonstrating
- Improving and Assessing Global Learning
- Integrating Internationalization into STEM Education
- Internationalizing Education for the Health Professions
- Leading Comprehensive Internationalization: Strategy and Tactics for Action
- Mapping the Landscape: Accreditation and the International Dimensions of U.S. Higher Education
- Measuring and Assessing Internationalization
- Public-Private Partnerships
Trends & Insights
Authored by respected leaders in the field of international education, these short columns highlight social, economic, political, and higher education system trends affecting international higher education.