A SEVIS Release 6.1 Anticipated System Changes notice describes the changes to SEVIS RTI that are planned for that release, scheduled A SEVIS Release 6.1 Anticipated System Changes notice describes the changes to SEVIS RTI that are planned for that release, now scheduled for November 13, 2009 [this release was originally scheduled for an October 30, implementation; on October 26 SEVP notified SEVIS users that production was postponed by one week to November 6, 2009; on November 4 SEVP notified SEVIS users that production was postponed by an additional week, until November 13, 2009].
- System timeout alert. A SEVIS session will expire after 20 minutes of inactivity. A new system timeout alert will display a message after 18 minutes of inactivity, indicating the user's session is about to expire; the user can click OK to continue working in SEVIS, or the session will expire.
- Event history will allow P/DSOs and A/ROs to view the event history of students/exchange visitors and dependents that are currently or were previously associated with the official's school/program. The J functionality will allow A/ROs to view change of status and reinstatement approval in the event history.
- Inactive User functions:
- Inactive User Email. After a P/DSO or A/RO has not logged into SEVIS in 75 days, the system will send an email to all assigned users at the school or program to which the user is associated. The e-mail will provide the name of the user whose status will be changed to Inactive in 15 days.
- A new Alert will show all users whose status will be changed to Inactive in 15 days. The users will display on the alert after 75 days of inactivity.
- PDSO/RO Ability to Request Password Reset for DSOs/AROs. A DSO who is Inactive because he/she has not logged into SEVIS in 90 days, will require the PDSO associated with their school to request a password reset on behalf of the DSO in order to regain access to SEVIS. A DSO who is Inactive will not be able to reset his/her password using the Request Password Reset link on the SEVIS Login screen. A similar functionality will apply to AROs whose status has become Inactive.
- For J programs, SEVIS will be modified to alleviate the timeout problems when sponsors generate an Annual Report. Users will select only the year for the report, and the report will be generated based on the program's reporting cycle (i.e., Academic, Calendar or Fiscal). Also, the Annual Report will be corrected to print the correct name at the bottom of the report.
- For J programs, the A/RO will be able to update the name, suffix, and title fields of the "chief executive officer or equivalent" from the Program Information screen when their program is in Active status.