This SEVIS Release 6.8 System Changes notice describes the changes to SEVIS batch and RTI in SEVIS Release 6.8, implemented on June 24, 2011. Important changes to F and M school functionality include:
- Requiring SEVP adjudication for I-17 updates like adding a new PDSO or DSO when that individual is not already a PDSO or DSO in the SEVIS system, updating the name of a PDSO or DSO, and modifications to the area of study and course of study fields; and
- The functionality that allows the PDSO to add/update/edit/delete/assign DSOs while an application for school recertification is pending is no longer available.
On June 14, 2011, NAFSA asked SEVP to delay implementing SEVIS 6.8 until several key concerns were addressed, but SEVIS 6.8 was implemented 10 days later, on June 24. On June 22, SEVP sent Broadcast Message 1106-02 to F and M school users of SEVIS to provide procedural guidance on the new adjudicable fields in SEVIS 6.8.
There are also several changes to the J exchange visitor functionality of SEVIS described in the SEVIS 6.8 notice, including:
- Removal of the 400 Report
- New No Show Link for Transfer-In Exchange Visitors
- New functionality to Print Form DS-2019 for Correct Minor or Technical Infraction
- Additional fields for Secondary School Students and Au Pairs
- Removal of the Aviation Occupational Category
- New functionality to request Extension Beyond Maximum Duration of Participation for Specialists
- Removal of functionality to request Extension Beyond Maximum Duration of Participation for Student Interns