The NAFSA Academy for International Education is an intensive yearlong training program with extensive networking opportunities. The Academy will expand and deepen your understanding of international education and prospects for future leadership.
Is the Academy right for you?
- Are you a new professional to the field of international education?
- Are you transitioning or would you like to transition between core areas of expertise within international education?
- Are you looking to broaden your perspective of the field of international education?
- Are you interested in connecting with others in international education and creating strong professional ties?
- Are you interested in working with an experienced NAFSA coach to help you further your own learning goals?
If you have answered yes to any of these questions, then you are a great candidate for the NAFSA Academy for International Education.
What can the Academy help me accomplish?
Through the Academy you will:
- Receive personalized coaching from a seasoned international educator.
- Build a network of international education colleagues, both in your region and nationally, to aid your professional development.
- Gain knowledge and skills to prepare you to serve as an international education resource at your institution.
- Boost your proficiencies as an international educator through individualized learning plan, training, and networking.
|What's Included||Estimated Cost if Purchased Separately||Cost for Academy Trainee|
|Three-day Academy Spring Training||
$1,350 (not available separately)
|2020 NAFSA Annual Conference registration||$925||Included|
|2020 preconference workshop at annual conference||$425||Included|
|2020 NAFSA Regional Conference registration||$350||waived or reduced registration depending on the region|
|2020 preconference workshop at regional conference||$350||waived or reduced workshop fee depending on the region|
|International Education Handbook||$56||Included|
|10% off all NAFSA publications on top of the member rate||cost dependent on publications purchased||cost dependent on publications purchased|
|Access to NAFSA network and networking opportunities||Priceless!||Priceless!|
|Supported learning by an experienced coach||Priceless!||Priceless!|
We ask that trainees be currently employed full time in the field and have been in their current position for at least a year by the program start date. The program covers all areas of international education and is designed for new professionals in the field or those who wish to broaden their perspective. Through the personalized Academy learning plan, the program suits a variety of experience levels and international education concentrations. Each Academy participant will design their own learning plan with the guidance of their Academy coach.
The Academy begins in January and ends in December each year with the first in-person event happening in March. Trainees are expected to attend all of the Academy events, four virtual trainings, and complete four assignments that will guide their learning. Each trainee will receive individualized support through regular calls with their Academy coach and cohort. Overall, the program is flexible and can be integrated into your current responsibilities.
|Academy Spring Training||Atlanta, GA||March 3-6, 2020|
|NAFSA 2020 Annual Conference||St. Louis, MO||May 24-29, 2020|
|Fall 2020 Regional Conferences||Varies by region||Varies by region|
Being a part of the Academy has been an amazing experience for me. I have grown so much and I love that I can use my learning plan to track that progress. Being a part of the Academy has inspired me to continue working within this field and to find ways to incorporate it into my academic and professional career more long term.