All links are to PDFs.
A Quest to Cure Disease
By Nicole Branan
The spread of infectious diseases is a devastating threat in some developing areas of the world. Students and faculty are going abroad to help prevent the spread of infectious diseases with education and training.
Women in Latin America—Opportunity Through Education
By Susan Ladika
Latin America is a varied tapestry of cultures and customs, but a consistent theme in many countries is a growing awareness that women can, and should, have the same educational opportunities as men.
Reframing Education Abroad
By Christopher Connell
In photographs, books, and reflections, Hobart and William Smith Colleges reframe education abroad.
Departments and Columns
From the Editors
Watching Anxiously—From Afar
By Christopher Murphy
- President Obama Opens Academic Travel to Cuba
- Americans Signal Support for International Education
- Survey Shows Canadian Students Value International Education
- NAFSA Names Senior Scholar, Senior Fellows for Internationalization
- Comprehensive Internationalization: From Concept to Action
- Study Abroad Research Explored in Journal
- Book review of The Handbook of Practice and Research in Study Abroad: Higher Education and the Quest for Global Citizenship
By Marian Kisch
Foreign Student Affairs
The World Is an Open Book
By Nancy E. Young
Intensive Language Supplement
Advocacy Is Critical
By Kim Fernandez
Foreign Language Learning at Community Colleges
By Karen Doss Bowman