U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) extended until October 23, 2022 the COVID-19 flexibilities it established for responses to Requests for Evidence (RFEs) and other similar response-based notices and requests, and filing date requirements for filing Form I-290B, Notice of Appeal or Motion.
USCIS Extends Flexibility for Responding to Agency Requests During COVID-19Release Date:
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services is extending certain COVID-19-related flexibilities through Oct. 23, 2022, to assist applicants, petitioners, and requestors. Under these flexibilities, USCIS considers a response received within 60 calendar days after the due date set forth in the following requests or notices before taking any action, if the request or notice was issued between March 1, 2020, and Oct. 23, 2022, inclusive:
- Requests for Evidence;
- Continuations to Request Evidence (N-14);
- Notices of Intent to Deny;
- Notices of Intent to Revoke;
- Notices of Intent to Rescind;
- Notices of Intent to Terminate regional centers;
- Notices of Intent to Withdraw Temporary Protected Status; and
- Motions to Reopen an N-400 Pursuant to 8 CFR 335.5, Receipt of Derogatory Information After Grant.
In addition, USCIS will consider a Form I-290B, Notice of Appeal or Motion, or a Form N-336, Request for a Hearing on a Decision in Naturalization Proceedings (Under Section 336 of the INA), if:
- The form was filed up to 90 calendar days from the issuance of a decision we made; and
- We made that decision between Nov. 1, 2021, and Oct. 23, 2022, inclusive.
In an effort to take the lessons learned from our pandemic posture, USCIS has been evaluating which flexibilities can and should be extended permanently. As a result of this evaluation, the reproduced signature flexibility announced in March, 2020, will become permanent policy on July 25, 2022.
Please visit uscis.gov/coronavirus for USCIS updates.
History of USCIS notices on this flexibility:
- Notice date: March 30, 2022
- Notice date: December 30, 2021
- Notice date: September 24, 2021
- Notice date: June 24, 2021
- Notice date: March 24, 2021
- Notice date: January 28, 2021
- Notice date: September 11, 2020
- Notice date: July 01, 2020
- Notice date: May 01, 2020
- Notice date: March 30, 2020
- USCIS Announces Flexibility for Requests for Evidence, Notices of Intent to Deny March 27, 2020