NAFSA's eleven regions welcome you to join us at the NAFSA All-Region Summit, a special virtual conference held October 4 - 22, 2021. Participants gain access to live and on-demand region-specific content, as well as shared activities and events. This first-ever combined regional event will provide participants with new learning, networking, and engagement opportunities.
Region IV Team Leadership – Open Positions
The Region IV team is composed of international education professionals from across the field who are committed to providing professional development, networking, and support for peers and colleagues within Region IV.
The team is led by an elected chair stream and made up of members who serve functional (treasurer, conference planner, etc.) and/or representative (state representative, knowledge community representative, etc.) roles.
Serving on the Regional leadership team is a rewarding experience that offers new professional opportunities and contacts with colleagues across the field.
Are you looking for a rewarding experience that offers new professional opportunities and contact with other Region IV international educators who are dedicated to advancing the field? A position on the leadership team may be right for you! Each position ranges in duration from 1-3 years and new positions become available every January.
While the last few years have been a difficult year in the field of international education, it has never been more important to serve the region and our members during these difficult times. We have a number of NAFSA Region IV positions that are opening up for the 2023 year. We would like to encourage you to consider serving on the NAFSA Region IV team. Not only will you have the opportunity to positively impact the region, you will also get the chance to serve with an amazing group of colleagues. We hope to introduce the new team at the Region IV Conference (October 24-27).
The following positions must be filled to start in January 2023:
- Communications Coordinator – 2 years
- Treasurer – Elect - 3 years
- Community & Two-Year Colleges Representative - 2 years
- International Enrollment Management Representative - 2 years
- Scholar Regulatory Ombudsperson - 2 years
- Conference Shadow - 2023/2024 - (Schaumburg - 2024) - 2 years
- Conference Local Arrangements (2 positions) - 1 year
The application deadline for open positions is ASAP.
If you are interested in this role, please review the position description below and submit your interest form here.
Region IV Job Descriptions
All links are to PDFs
- Communications Coordinator
- Community College Representative
- Education Abroad Representative
- International Education Leadership Representative
- International Enrollment Management Representative
- International Student and Scholar Services Representative
- Knowledge Community for International Student and Scholar Services Representative
- Local Arrangements Team
- Past Chair
- Public Policy Representative
- Regulatory Ombud
- Scholar Regulatory Ombudsperson
- State Representative
- Teaching, Learning and Scholarship (TLS) Representative