NAFSA's eleven regions welcome you to join us at the NAFSA All-Region Summit, a special virtual conference held October 4 - 22, 2021. Participants gain access to live and on-demand region-specific content, as well as shared activities and events. This first-ever combined regional event will provide participants with new learning, networking, and engagement opportunities.
Region VIII Mentorship Program
NAFSA Region VIII Mentor Program
Are you looking for an opportunity to give back to the field of International Education? Are you looking for some guidance in your career in International Education from someone outside of your own organization?
The NAFSA Region VIII Mentor Program matches interested professionals, typically from March to November, with the expectation that each pair meet (virtually or in-person) at least four times. You benefit from a flexible structure, a new colleague, and monthly emails will be shared with all participants to suggest meeting ideas and topics.
Since its creation in 2013, over 360 members of NAFSA Region VIII have participated in the program! Here are some thoughts about the rewards of the mentor partnership from some of the participants:
- "The most rewarding part of the mentor experience was learning from one another and having a space to talk about our professional careers." Mentor
- "My mentor gave the most thoughtful and insightful advice and really seemed to understand my position." Mentee
- "This was a casual program and worked really well with our schedules." Mentor
- "The most rewarding part of the mentor relationship was having the opportunity to meet another wonderful international educator and better understand institutional size and challenges that come at different levels." Mentee
- “Serving as a mentor allows me to “pay forward” the mentorship that I received earlier in my career.” Mentor
Applications for the 2023 mentor/mentee program will open shortly.
Questions? Contact the Region VIII Team if you are interested in participating in the mentor/mentee program.
Subscribe to the Region VIII Newsletter and social media channels for information on future volunteer opportunities and how you can support the region at our annual conference.