Teaching, Learning, and Scholarship (TLS) Knowledge Community focuses on curriculum internationalization, research that informs practice, and intercultural communication and serves faculty, administrators, graduate students/post-docs, researchers, intercultural trainers, cross-cultural counselors, and other professionals in international education.
Equipping NAFSA members and other educators with the knowledge, research, and skills they need to engage in, encourage and support positive change practices that results in the infusion of international, intercultural, and global knowledge into the ethos and outcomes of their own work and, more broadly, the work of their organizations.
To accomplish its mission, TLS:
- Identifies and makes accessible, within and beyond NAFSA, new and existing theoretical and empirical knowledge that improves practice.
- Brings innovative people, concepts, structures, and ideas to NAFSA conferences and other educational programming.
- Works with others to identify gaps in research and knowledge and engages the membership in filling those gaps.
- Promotes dialogue that motivates scholars, educators, practitioners, and administrators to collaboratively internationalize their organizations.
Connect with the Community
Explore Intercultural Communication and Training (ICT) resources and network with peers.
Explore Internationalizing Teaching, Learning, and Curriculum (ITLC) resources and network with peers.
Explore Research and Scholarship (RS) resources and network with peers.
New Leadership Opportunity
Apply now to join the new TLS KC Emerging Scholar-Practitioner Working Group!
NAFSA offers volunteer leadership opportunities to members that will develop a variety of skills and promote professional connections.
- Region II: Amber West Martin, Rocky Mountain College
- Region IV: Karmen Sorenson, Sorenson Company
- Region V: Kari Henquinet, Michigan Technological University
- Region VI: Leslie Bozeman, Indiana University/Purdue University-Indianapolis
- Region VII: Aaron Clevenger, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
- Region X: Tim White, New Jersey City University
- Region XI: Joseph Stanley, Providence College
- Region XII: David Wick, Middlebury Institute of International Studies