Coordinating training for staff is always a challenge. You can provide NAFSA Core Education Program (CEP) workshops right in your area—when you need it—anywhere in the United States.
Now you can offer the same quality training to individuals unable to attend CEP workshops offered at NAFSA's regional or annual conferences. If travel is difficult from your area or scheduling is an issue, you can coordinate a high-quality NAFSA training opportunity that fits your schedule.
If you are interested in offering CEP workshops at your site, please contact [email protected]
How It Works
- Coordinate registration.
- Provide catering, AV equipment arrangements, and fees.
- Recruit Trainer Corps members to serve as workshop trainers in coordination with NAFSA staff.
- Provide NAFSA staff with participant information.
- Provides participant workbooks, certificates, rosters, and trainer materials.
- Provides online registration on the NAFSA website, if requested.
- Advertises your workshop on the NAFSA website and blasts emails to targeted audiences, if requested.
- Manages the workshop evaluation process.
- You select the group
- The group can be private to your institution or organization
- The group can include participants from neighboring institutions and organizations
- A minimum of 6 participants is suggested. The interactive, participatory curriculum is most successful with a larger group
What it Costs
- Your cost to NAFSA is $949. For each additional participant exceeding six participants, the cost is $159 per person
- You set your own workshop fees to participants (at any amount above $159)
- Trainer reimbursement (at your own discretion)
- After the workshop has been delivered, NAFSA will send an invoice
How to Get Started
To inquire about offering a CEP workshop or to begin organizing one in your area, please contact Professional Learning Services at [email protected] .