Join us for the 2022 conference in Corpus Christi, Texas.
November 6 - 9, 2022
American Bank Center
1901 Shoreline Blvd Corpus Christi , TX 78401
The 2022 Region III Conference will take place in Corpus Christi, Texas. Learn, network, and engage with IE professionals dedicated to advancing the field of international education at the Region III Conference! Build lasting partnerships with peers and institutions from across the region and around the world.
- Workshop registration deadline: Saturday, October 15th
- Conference Registration deadline: Monday, October 31
- NAFSA Workshops: Sunday, November 6
- Region III Conference: Sunday, November 6 at 5 PM – Wednesday, November 9 at 11:30 AM
Conference Details & Fees
We look forward to seeing you November 6 – 9, 2022 for the Region III Conference in Corpus Christi, Texas!
If you are interested in volunteering to help with the conference, please contact Conference Planner Katy Lane.
Sponsoring & Exhibiting
Registration Deadline for Exhibitors/Sponsors: October 17th. Please contact Development Chair Paul Hopkinson for additional information.
Mailing Address for Exhibitor Materials:
American Bank Center
ATTN: NAFSA and (Vendor Name)
1901 N. Shoreline Blvd.
Corpus Christi, TX 78414
Additional information about workshops and resume reviews being hosted at the conference are also included below:
Sign up to have your resume reviewed by a senior international educator or volunteer to review resumes at http://tx.ag/NAFSAr3Resume.
The conference and workshop fees are listed below.
Early Bird Registration Fees (August 16 thru September 15)
- Member: $295
- Non-Member: $425
- Student, Retired, Life Member, Rise Fellows, Academy Member: $165
Regular Registration Fees (After September 15)
- Member: $395
- Non-Member: $525
- Student, Retired, Life Member, Rise Fellows, Academy Member: $265
One Day Registration Fees (Monday or Tuesday)
- Member: $175
- Non-Member: $200
- Student, Retired, Life Member, Rise Fellows, Academy Member: $110
- Member: $340
- Non-Member: $450
- Student, Retired, Life Member, Rise Fellows, Academy Member: $245
The Omni Corpus Christ Hotel in the downtown Marina District is offering discounted room rates for our Region III conference. Click here to book a single room ($159/night) or double room ($169/night) through Thursday, October 20.
The Omni Hotel is the location for the workshops and the Opening Reception as well as registration on Saturday and Sunday. The remaining conference activities will take place at the American Bank Center located 0.6 miles from the hotel and a very pleasant 10-minute walk alongside Corpus Christi Bay.
Health and Safety
Health & Safety Requirement for In-Person Attendees
NAFSA Region III considers the safety of all those onsite at the 2022 Region III Conference as our top priority including our attendees, exhibitors, sponsors, and event staff. In an effort to host a safe and productive event, we pledge to follow all guidelines and requirements set by State and local authorities as well as Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO) guidelines. Please note, these guidelines and requirements may change from time-to-time, so be sure to check back often.
NAFSA Region III will require all participants attending the 2022 Region III Conference in Corpus Christi, Texas including all conference registrants, exhibitors, NAFSA staff, vendor partners, and guests to adhere to one of the following two health protocols:
- Option 1: Prior to the Regional Conference, upload proof of full COVID-19 vaccination. If you have received all recommended doses of a COVID-19 vaccine as authorized or approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or listed for emergency use by the World Health Organization (WHO), then you are considered to be fully vaccinated. Check acceptable COVID-19 vaccines and vaccine proof here. All doses of authorized and approved vaccines must be completed before October 22, 2022. Attendees will receive communication and further instruction on how to easily submit their vaccination credentials in their registration confirmation email, and can also submit vaccination credentials below.
- Option 2: Upon arrival at the Regional Conference, provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test (Antigen or PCR) administered within 48 hours of arriving to the event to the onsite Health & Safety Team. Testing reports must be from an official health clinic, medical office, or pharmacy. Self at-home test will not be accepted
NAFSA has preventive measures in place to reduce the spread of COVID-19. NAFSA cannot, however, guarantee that attendees will properly social-distance and that its attendees will not become infected with COVID-19. Attendees agree to COVID-19 specific terms & conditions of attendance as part of the registration process.
If you have tested positive for COVID-19, have COVID-19 symptoms, or have had close contact with a person who has tested positive for or who has symptoms of COVID-19, please stay home. Be sure to practice everyday preventive actions, including but not limited to social distancing, washing hands often, and monitoring your health daily.
On-site safety practices include:
- Masks are required for all attendees at the conference except for when actively eating or drinking. Participants are responsible for providing their own masks.
- Reminders to socially distance when appropriate, wash your hands often, cover your cough, or sneeze and stay away if you are sick.
- Prior to arriving in Corpus Christi, we encourage each attendee to do the following:
- Be sure to register and upload your proof of vaccination PRIOR to arriving onsite to reduce congestion and forming of lines in the registration area.
- Monitor your daily health and self-assessment prior to traveling.
Event Management has the right to remove or exclude anyone from the event if they do not follow our Health & Safety policies or do not follow Health & Safety instructions set forth by the Event or venue staff.
Public health guidance on preventing the transmission of COVID-19 continues to evolve, and NAFSA will base its on-site protocol on the latest guidance from the CDC in addition to local regulations in Corpus Christi.