Join us for the 2022 conference in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
October 24 - 27, 2022
615 Washington Avenue SE Minneapolis , MN 55414Register Today
The 2022 Region IV Conference will take place in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Learn, network, and engage with IE professionals dedicated to advancing the field of international education at the Region IV Conference! Build lasting partnerships with peers and institutions from across the region and around the world.
|Full Conference||Early Bird*||Regular/Onsite|
|NAFSA Special Members**||$225||$275|
|Daily Rates||Early Bird*||Regular/Onsite|
|NAFSA Special Members**||$120||$160|
* Early Bird registration ends on September 30, 2022.
** NAFSA Special Members: Retired Member, RISE Fellows, Academic Trainees, NAFSA Academy, and Life Members.
Health and Safety
COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement for In-Person Attendees
NAFSA considers the safety of all those onsite at 2022 Regional Conferences as our top priority including our attendees, exhibitors, sponsors, and event staff. In an effort to host a safe and productive event, we pledge to follow all guidelines and requirements set by state and local authorities as well as Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO) guidelines.
NAFSA will require proof of full COVID-19 vaccination for all participants, including all conference registrants, exhibitors, NAFSA staff, vendor partners, and guests. If you have received all recommended doses of a COVID-19 vaccine as authorized or approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or listed for emergency use by the World Health Organization (WHO), then you are considered to be fully vaccinated.
Check acceptable COVID-19 vaccines and vaccine proof here. All doses of authorized and approved vaccines must be completed two weeks prior to your arrival at the event. Attendees will receive communication and further instruction on how to easily submit their vaccination credentials in their registration confirmation email, and can also submit vaccination credentials here:
NAFSA has preventive measures in place to reduce the spread of COVID-19. NAFSA cannot, however, guarantee that attendees will properly social-distance and that its attendees will not become infected with COVID-19. Attendees agree to COVID-19 specific terms & conditions of attendance as part of the registration process.
If you have tested positive for COVID-19, are waiting for COVID-19 test results, have COVID-19 symptoms, or have had close contact with a person who has tested positive for or who has symptoms of COVID-19, please stay home. Be sure to practice everyday preventive actions, including but not limited to social distancing, washing hands often, and monitoring your health daily.
On-site safety practices include:
- Masks are required for all attendees at the conference except for when actively eating or drinking. Participants are responsible for providing their own masks.
- Reminders to socially distance when appropriate, wash your hands often, cover your cough, or sneeze and stay away if you are sick.
- Prior to arriving, we encourage each attendee to do the following:
- Be sure to register and upload your proof of vaccination PRIOR to arriving onsite to reduce congestion and forming of lines in the registration area.
- Monitor your daily health and self-assessment prior to traveling.
- Event Management has the right to remove or exclude anyone from the event if they do not follow our Health & Safety policies or do not follow Health & Safety instructions set forth by the Event or venue staff.
Public health guidance on preventing the transmission of COVID-19 continues to evolve, and NAFSA will base its on-site protocol on the latest guidance from the CDC in addition to local regulations.
615 Washington Avenue SE
Minneapolis, MN 55414
Group Code: 102322NAFS
How to use the booking link:
1. Select the exact dates of your stay (top of page)
2. Click on check availability - you may be asked to register an account to access the Group Code Rates.
3. Select room type – “Book now”
4. Confirm your stay and enter personal and payment information
Program and Schedule
The Region IV Conference schedule is now available! Through the Online Planner you can view the time, room, presenters, descriptions, and learning objectives of the sessions. You can also star the events you're interested in and create your own conference agenda, to view on the mobile webpage at the conference! There is also information on Sponsors, Exhibitors, and more!
Monday, October 24
Pre-Conference CEP workshops begin: 1:00PM
Pre-Conference Reception: 5:30PM
Tuesday, October 25
Pre-Conference CEP workshops continue: 8:00AM - 12:30PM
Full Conference begins: 1:00PM
Opening Reception: 5:30PM
Wednesday, October 26
Full Conference Day
Evening Special Events
Thursday, October 27
Conference ends: 12:00pm
Preconference CEP Workshops
- Education Abroad: Critical Skills for the Adviser: Monday, October 24th / 1-5pm and Tuesday, October 25th 8am - 12pm
- F-1 Student Advising for Beginners: Monday, October 24th / 1-5pm and Tuesday, October 25th 8am - 12:30pm
- International Credential Evaluation: Secondary Level Credentials: October 25th 8am - 12:30pm
|Membership Type||Cost of CEP Workshop|
Exhibitor and Sponsor Information
Sales are now open: click here to purchase a booth or sponsorship.
NAFSA Region IV Awards and Recognition 2022
Please nominate colleagues for the 2022 NAFSA Region IV Awards and Recognition! Recipients will be awarded at the 2022 NAFSA Region IV Conference! For details please visit here. DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: SUNDAY, OCTOBER 09, 2022 at 23:59 (11:59PM) CDT.
Region IV Leadership Team 2023
We would like to encourage you to consider serving on the NAFSA Region IV team. Not only will you have the opportunity to positively impact the region, you will also get the chance to serve with an amazing group of colleagues. We hope to introduce the new team at the Region IV Conference (October 24-27). DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: SUNDAY, OCTOBER 09, 2022 at 23:59 (11:59PM) CDT. For more information, please visit here.
Conference Grants 2022
NAFSA Region IV Conference Grants 2022 are financial support for Region IV international educators with demonstrated need. The grant will cover the cost of the registration fee for the Region IV Conference in Minneapolis in October 2022. There will be 5 grants issued for the Region IV Conference fee. DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 30, 2022 at 23:59 (11:59PM) CDT