NAFSA's eleven regions welcome you to join us at the NAFSA All-Region Summit, a special virtual conference held October 4 - 22, 2021. Participants gain access to live and on-demand region-specific content, as well as shared activities and events. This first-ever combined regional event will provide participants with new learning, networking, and engagement opportunities.
Region VIII All-Region Summit Content
Recalibr8 with Region 8 at the NAFSA All-Region Summit
Region VIII Schedule-at-a-Glance
We look forward to seeing you on October 11 & 12, 2021 for the Region VIII program at the NAFSA All-Region Summit! Please view the schedule below for a list of Region VIII sessions and events. All events listed on the schedule are included in the price of registration.
Please note: All information listed below is subject to change – check the All-Region Summit Event Site for the latest schedule and details about Region VIII Track events and sessions.
Day 1: Monday, October 11, 2021, 2:00 PM EDT to 7:30 PM EDT
- Pre-Track Yoga
- ReBoot: Opening Session
- DEI Initiatives Part 1: Assessing Self
- DEI Initiatives Part 2: Assessing Your Office/Institution
- ReConnect: Happy Hour & Networking
- Developing a Sustainability Plan (EA)
- Interdisciplinary Immigration: Alternatives for Global Campuses, Entrepreneurs, and Spin-Offs (IEL)
- Leveraging your "Study Stateness" for Greatness! (IEM)
- Power of Peers: Ambassador Impact on Campus & Community Internationalization (ISSS)
- Preparing Students for the Global Workforce: Developing Targeted Career Strategies (SI)
- (Re)Calibr8 Your Career with the NAFSA Academy (SI)
- Reexamining the complexity of change of status to F-1 (ISSS)
- Student recruitment in a post COVID world (IEM)
- Studying Abroad During the Pandemic: Student Stories (EA)
Day 2: Tuesday, October 12, 2021, 9:00 AM EDT to 2:00 PM EDT
- Pre-Track Fun Run
- RePresent: International Education Advocacy
- Book Discussion - Social Justice in International Education
- ReCharge: Lunchtime Pictionary
- Reach for the Stars! Region VIII Closing Ceremony
- Beyond F-1: Preparing Students for Immigration Options After Graduation (ISSS)
- Counseling Trends in India: Guiding the World's Largest Youth Population (IEM)
- Current Trends in H-1B Adjudications and Policy Updates (ISSS)
- Expand Your World with the Fulbright Specialist Program (TLS)
- Help Wanted! Building Risk Management Capacity in the EA Office (IEL)
- International Student Success: Employer Expectations and Impact on Admissions Requirements (IEM)
- (Re)Calibrating for International Education Employment: Strategies for Success (SI)
- Silver linings: Successfully adapting for virtual student recruitment (IEL)
Find the full Region VIII Schedule here.
Each year, the fall season is marked as a time for NAFSAns across the United States to convene for professional development and networking at fall Regional Conferences. To assess the prospect of in-person conferences in 2021, NAFSA staff conducted extensive research, reviewed NAFSA regional leader feedback, and consulted liability experts. Based on our findings, and especially the deep concern for the safety of our community, the NAFSA Board of Directors has concluded that we will not convene our constituents in person for fall Regional Conferences. This was a challenging decision especially as we see the vaccine rollout continue, though our commitment to the health and safety of our community remains steadfast.
NAFSA remains committed to NAFSA’s new strategic plan of educate, advocate, and innovate. In this spirit of innovation, NAFSA’s Regions are pleased to share that the fall season will remain a convening space for NAFSAns across the United States through the NAFSA All-Region Summit, a combined virtual event! Housed on one platform, NAFSAns will gather virtually to take part in unique regional offerings, as well as engage in shared networking and activities on October 4 through 22. Attendees will access region-specific content by logging onto the platform for their designated days and selecting their region from the event landing page. This first-ever combined online event will broaden learning and engagement across all regions. Attendees will have access to all regional offerings throughout the October dates, so learning and professional development is not limited to one region.
Additional information about Region VIII’s content will be posted on this page as it becomes available. To learn more about the NAFSA All-Region Summit, visit the event homepage. You can access the event itself here.