The Knowledge Community for International Student and Scholar Services (KC ISSS) is charged with providing professional development opportunities and resources for those in the field of international student and scholar services. This KC ISSS award honors a NAFSA member who has demonstrated outstanding qualities as a leader in the field of international student and scholar services. Nominees should possess qualities of compassion, integrity, and leadership. They must be NAFSA members and been a professional in the field of international student and scholar services for at least 10 years. Nominees should have earned respect and admiration from students, colleagues and peers.
The nominee must have:
- demonstrated a willingness to assist colleagues in the ISSS field;
- advocated for the cause of international student and scholar services within his/her own institution, as well as with the greater community;
- personified a constructive leadership style;
- made exemplary contributions to the field which may include resource development, teaching and training, advocacy and mentoring;
- empowered the field of international student and scholar services and the association to strive for a world where international education is a worthy pursuit and valuable experience.
The nomination process is currently closed.
All ISSS members are invited to submit nominations for the award.
Each nominee must have the following:
- one primary nomination form (available when nominations open)
- two additional references (their names, organizations/institutions, daytime phone numbers, and e-mail addresses)
- a copy of the nominee's professional CV/resume
Questions? Contact NAFSA's ISSS team.