|Event Date||Event Time||Registration Deadline||Registration|
|November 20, 2020||9:30 am - 1:30 pm||Register Today|
This event is included in the IEW Campus Connection program.
Join NAFSA and colleagues in recognizing international education research at the next Research Symposium - A Critical Discussion of Theories, Methodologies, and Practices in International Education - during International Education Week, on November 20, 2020. This event is being held virtually in partnership with George Mason University’s Center for International Education and the Office of Fellowships. Bringing together researchers and scholars in the field of international education and related disciplines, the Research Symposium provides an opportunity to share this work in an academic and professional environment, as well as participate in a critical discussion of the theories, methodologies, and practices being used in the research. The Research Symposium is considered relevant for international education researchers at every stage of their career – graduate students, post-docs, faculty members, and practitioners.
NAFSA invites attendees to share and learn from original international education research presented at the Research Symposium, with an active open discussion focused on how research can connect with practice.
You Should Attend
- If you are currently engaged in research in international education and would like to share your work
- If you want to learn more about original research in international education
- If you are concerned with disseminating knowledge to develop the global competencies of students, scholars, and educators
What You Will Gain From Participating
- Knowledge and examples of original research regarding theories, methodologies, and practices being used in international education
- Insights to drive future research and practice in the field of international education
*Please note that this event will be recorded and images from the event may be used for future marketing purposes.
If you have any questions about submitting a proposal or about the event itself, please contact us.
Submit a Proposal
- Submit your one page paper proposal by September 7, 2020. Notifications will be sent out by September 30, 2020.
- Submit a 250-300 word poster proposal by October 21, 2020. Notifications will be sent out by October 28, 2020.