NAFSA I.D.E.A. Resources and Upcoming Events
- ADA In Education Abroad Disabilities
- Advising International Students with Disabilities Disabilities
- Education Abroad: Advising Students with Disabilities Disabilities
- Promoting Inclusion in Education Abroad Disabilities, Ethnic/Racial Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging
- NAFSA Stands in Solidarity Against Hate Inclusion and Belonging, Social Justice
- An Antiracist Framework for Education Abroad Ethnic/Racial Diversity
- Social Justice and International Education Social Justice
- “We Are Part of the Solution” Social Justice
I.D.E.A. Events at NAFSA 2021
- Choosing Racial Literacy Ethnic/Racial Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging
- Lift as We Climb: Black and African American Professionals in International Education Ethnic/Racial Diversity
- Strategies to Raise Latinx Study Abroad Participation Ethnic/Racial Diversity
- Supporting Professionals from Underrepresented Backgrounds in International Education Inclusion and Belonging
- LGBTQIA+ Inclusion in International Education: Perspectives on Navigating Identities and Cultures LGBTQ+
Award for Impact in DEI
The Award for Impact in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion honors a NAFSA member who has shown commitment to advocating for the interests of under-represented populations; improving recruitment and retention of underrepresented populations, or incorporating diversity or anti-oppression training in international education programming.
NAFSA RISE Fellowship
NAFSA honors the richness of human diversity and the essential power of discussion and collaboration across geographic and other boundaries and is proud to relaunch its flagship diversity, equity, and inclusion program: the NAFSA RISE (Representation, Inclusion, Support, and Empowerment) Fellowship.
Bryant Memorial Scholarship
NAFSA and the Fund for Education Abroad (FEA) created the NAFSA Tamara H. Bryant Memorial Scholarship to increase diversity and inclusion in study abroad. The scholarship generates opportunities for African-American undergraduate students to study abroad and gain valuable experiences.
NAFSA Land Acknowledgement
NAFSA: Association of International Educators has offices in Washington, D.C., USA on the ancestral lands of the Anacostan, Nacotchtank, Piscataway and Pamunkey people. This land acknowledgement is our way of recognizing Indigenous presence in our everyday lives.
NAFSA Responds to Legislative Efforts to Restrict Education About Racism and U.S. History
“We, the undersigned associations and organizations, state our firm opposition to a spate of legislative proposals being introduced across the country that target academic lessons, presentations, and discussions of racism and related issues in American history in schools, colleges, and universities.”