NAFSA Stands in Solidarity Against Hate
"We firmly believe that diversity in all its forms benefits our institutions and the world over, and we value respect and understanding among people from different backgrounds. It’s what undergirds our work and motivates our members in their work, and we will never stop fighting for diversity, equality, inclusion, and against racism!"
NAFSA I.D.E.A. Resources and Upcoming Events
- ADA In Education Abroad Disabilities
- Advising International Students with Disabilities Disabilities
- Education Abroad: Advising Students with Disabilities Disabilities
- Promoting Inclusion in Education Abroad Disabilities, Ethnic/Racial Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging
- An Antiracist Framework for Education Abroad Ethnic/Racial Diversity
- Leading Racial Justice Through Our Work as International Educators Ethnic/Racial Diversity
- Social Justice and International Education Social Justice
- “We Are Part of the Solution” Social Justice
I.D.E.A. Events at NAFSA 2021
- Choosing Racial Literacy Ethnic/Racial Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging
- Lift as We Climb: Black and African American Professionals in International Education Ethnic/Racial Diversity
- Strategies to Raise Latinx Study Abroad Participation Ethnic/Racial Diversity
- Supporting Professionals from Underrepresented Backgrounds in International Education Inclusion and Belonging
- LGBTQIA+ Inclusion in International Education: Perspectives on Navigating Identities and Cultures LGBTQ+
NAFSA Land Acknowledgement
NAFSA: Association of International Educators has offices in Washington, D.C., USA on the ancestral lands of the Anacostan, Nacotchtank, Piscataway and Pamunkey people. This land acknowledgement is our way of recognizing Indigenous presence in our everyday lives.
Award for Impact in DEI
The Award for Impact in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion honors a NAFSA member who has shown commitment to advocating for the interests of under-represented populations; improving recruitment and retention of underrepresented populations, or incorporating diversity or anti-oppression training in international education programming.
NAFSA RISE Fellowship
NAFSA honors the richness of human diversity and the essential power of discussion and collaboration across geographic and other boundaries and is proud to relaunch its flagship diversity, equity, and inclusion program: the NAFSA RISE (Representation, Inclusion, Support, and Empowerment) Fellowship.