NAFSA Diversity and Internationalization Summit
Join us at the Diversity and Internationalization Summit on February 2, 2022 to engage with an expert panel of senior international officers and chief diversity officers focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion on campus. This event is free for NAFSA members and open to nonmembers for a nominal fee.
NAFSA Policy Priorities
Establishing a National Strategy for International Education
This would serve to proactively recruit talented students and scholars to U.S. colleges and universities from countries around the world and increase the number and diversity of U.S. students who can access the career skills associated with study abroad.
Senator Paul Simon Study Abroad Program Act
To make study abroad the norm, not the exception, for today's U.S. college student Congress should pass the Senator Paul Simon Study Abroad Program Act to incentivize higher education to increase study abroad and provide a cost-effective, sustainable way to ensure more diverse U.S. undergraduates can study internationally.
NAFSA Programs and Honors
Award for Impact in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
This award honors a NAFSA member who has shown commitment to advocating for the interests of under-represented populations; improving recruitment and retention of underrepresented populations, or incorporating diversity or anti-oppression training in international education programming.
NAFSA RISE Fellowship
NAFSA honors the richness of human diversity and the essential power of discussion and collaboration across geographic and other boundaries and proudly supports this flagship diversity, equity, and inclusion program: the NAFSA RISE (Representation, Inclusion, Support, and Empowerment) Fellowship.
NAFSA Tamara H. Bryant Memorial Scholarship
NAFSA and the Fund for Education Abroad (FEA) created the NAFSA Tamara H. Bryant Memorial Scholarship to increase diversity and inclusion in study abroad. The scholarship generates opportunities for African-American undergraduate students to study abroad and gain valuable experiences.
- "ADA In Education Abroad" Disabilities
- Advising International Students with Disabilities Disabilities
- Education Abroad: Advising Students with Disabilities Disabilities
- Promoting Inclusion in Education Abroad Disabilities, Ethnic/Racial Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging
- "NAFSA Stands in Solidarity Against Hate" Inclusion and Belonging, Social Justice
- "An Antiracist Framework for Education Abroad" Ethnic/Racial Diversity
- Social Justice and International Education Social Justice
- “We Are Part of the Solution” Social Justice
- [IE Magazine] "Beyond the Basics: Addressing DEI Blind Spots on Global Campuses" Ethnic/Racial Diversity
- [IE Magazine] "Social Justice Pedagogy: A Conceptual Framework for All International Educators" Social Justice
- [IE Magazine] "Meet Them Where they Are: Supporting LGBTQ International Students" LGBTQ+, Inclusion and Belonging
- [IE Magazine and Podcast] "Sea Change: A Conversation about Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Within International Education" Ethnic/Racial Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging