The Hugh M. Jenkins Award for Excellence in Community Programming recognizes individuals who have demonstrated a commitment to promoting global understanding and international exchange in the local community. Specifically, it honors people who exemplify a spirit of volunteerism and a long-term dedication to international exchange. The award identifies individuals whose leadership encompasses outstanding skills in recruiting, training, and recognizing community volunteers. It is also intended to reward personal involvement with international students/scholars/dependents in the local community.
Nominations for the 2022 Hugh M. Jenkins Award for Excellence in Community Programming are now open! All KC ISSS members are invited to submit nominations for the award.
The nominee must have:
- commitment to promoting global understanding and providing for international exchange in the local community;
- spirit of volunteerism and a long-term commitment to international education and exchange;
- excellence in leadership for recruiting, training, and recognizing community volunteers;
- active participation with international students/scholars/dependents in the local community.
Each nominee must have the following:
- One primary nomination form
- Two additional references (their names, organizations/institutions, daytime phone numbers, and e-mail addresses)
- A copy of the nominee's professional CV/resume
The deadline for nominations is February 1, 2022.
The recipient of this award will be announced by KC ISSS leadership in conjunction with the NAFSA Annual Conference and Expo.
Questions? Please contact NAFSA's International Student/Scholar Services team.